Gavin Whitter heads up our charities and social enterprises division and we’re particularly well known for our expertise in this sector. Individually, the Gibson Whitter team has previously been responsible for a portfolio of over 100 charities and social enterprises.
Charities and social enterprises are playing an ever-increasing role in society, with greater demand for their services. Yet funding and donations have fallen, and there is more regulation and responsibility to deal with.
That’s why it is vital for charities and social enterprises to choose advisers who have the specialist knowledge, experience and interest in the sector, to guide them through these challenging times.
We provide advice and guidance on:
- Outsourcing of finance functions, such as management accounts and budgets, bookkeeping and payroll
- Preparing statutory accounts that are SORP and Charities Act compliant
- Independent Examiners or Auditors Reports
- Minimising VAT and tax (including the efficient use of Gift Aid)
- Systems and internal controls to provide quality financial information and reduce the risk of fraud
- The strategic direction of your organisation at board level
- Setting up and structuring a new charity or social enterprise.
For more details and to discuss how we can help your charity or social enterprise, please contact us.